Sunday, June 20, 2010

Upcycled coasters!


I love the idea of "up-cycling," or taking something that would be recycled or even trashed and making something useful out of it. I saw this neat idea for coasters made from the pages of magazines a long time ago, somewhere on the internet, so I decided to try to make my own. I made some last year for my AIGA group to sell as a fund-raiser, and they actually all sold out, by the end of the semester.



Since then, I think I've gotten a lot better at it and they look a lot neater and cleaner than my earlier ones. It's a project I'll continually do. I do it when I feel a little crafty and I want to unwind by just making something that doesn't take a lot of thought, lol!



I like to use magazines like Seventeen because they are so colorful. Luckily, I got my hands on a huge stack of mags, so I could make coasters all day every day for quite a while... Eh, maybe not, but they sure are neat!


No comments:

Post a Comment